What gadget(s) do you cover?
We provide cover for the following gadgets:
- Mobile phones including iPhones
What is the maximum age of the gadget?
- At the time of purchasing this policy, the maximum age of the gadget(s) when purchased new or as refurbished, must be no more than 12 months old and policy eligibility criteria apply.
Why do I need gadget insurance?
We know how important your gadgets can be to you… whether it’s your iPad, tablet, or mobile phone. With Gadget Insurance from Gadgetsure you can protect your gadgets from:
- Accidental damage e.g. cracked screens
- Liquid damage
- Accidental loss
- Malicious Damage
- Out of warranty breakdown
- Fraudulent use up to £10,000 if your gadget is lost or stolen (mobile phone only)
- Lost or stolen
- Instant cover with no exclusion periods
- Protect multiple gadgets for you and your family with our multi-gadget discount.
- Unlimited claims & repairs
- Like for like replacement (subject to availability)
- Annual or monthly contract terms
- 180 day worldwide cover
When does my cover begin?
Your policy will commence immediately following the purchase of your policy and this will be confirmed on your policy schedule. You can either select to pay annually or monthly.
If you choose the annual plan, then your policy will be an annual policy and the full premium will be taken immediately on inception and again at each annual renewal date unless you opt out of auto renewal or you decline the renewal invitation. You can opt out of auto renewal at any time.
If you choose Monthly Billing, your policy will be a rolling monthly policy and will remain in force provided the monthly premiums continue to be paid. The monthly premiums will be collected each month on or close to the day of the you purchased the policy.
What are the main exclusions?
- As with any insurance policy, there are circumstances that are not covered under the policy. So, you should always read through the policy wording ‘What we will not cover’ section on pages 10, 11 and 12 carefully to ensure you are aware of what is and isn’t covered under the terms of the policy. Please visit the Policy section to download the policy wording and insurance product information document to see the terms and conditions.
What is the eligibility criteria?
In order to be eligible to purchase the policy you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You are a permanent resident of the United Kingdom;
- You are 18 years of age or older;
- The gadget(s) must have been:
- purchased as new from a manufacturer, network provider or retail store (high street or online); or
- purchased as refurbished direct from the manufacturer, retail store (high street or online) or network provider with a minimum 12 month warranty; or
- gifted to you as long as the gadget(s) are purchased as new from a manufacturer, network provider or retail store (high street or online) or purchased as refurbished direct from the manufacturer, network provider or retail store (high street or online) with a minimum 12 month warranty and you can provide a gift receipt; and
- You have purchased the gadget(s) within 12 months of first purchasing this insurance policy and you can provide proof of purchase and / or evidence of ownership;
- The gadget(s) must be in your possession, in good condition and full working order (not already damaged), and;
- The gadget(s) has not previously been repaired using non-manufacturer part(s).
managing your policy
How do I cancel the policy?
Cancellation within 14 days:
If you decide that for any reason, this insurance policy does not meet your insurance needs then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 days from the day of purchase. On the condition that no claims have been made or are pending, we will then refund your premium in full.
Cancellation after 14 days:
If you wish to cancel your insurance policy after 14 days, you can do so, please contact email@example.com providing 14 days notice of cancellation. Your insurance cover will cease from the date you instruct us to cancel your policy. It is not possible to backdate policy cancellation.
If you pay your insurance premium on a monthly basis your insurance policy will be cancelled, there will be no refund of premium due as the insurance premium paid will have only been in respect of the cover already received.
If you pay your insurance premium annually and provided no claim has been made under the insurance policy, you will be entitled to a pro-rata refund of premium. If a claim has been made, we will cancel your cover, but we will not refund any premium.
In the event of cancellation outside of 14 days then Gadgetsure reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee of £20 to reflect the costs of arranging and cancelling the policy.
What proof of ownership is required?
- Evidence of ownership includes a document to evidence that the gadget(s) you are claiming for belongs to you. This can be a copy of the sales invoice, delivery note and receipt/gift receipt that details the gadget(s).
How do I add items or make a change to my policy?
- If you would like to add a new gadget(s) or change an existing gadget(s) you can do so by logging into your Gadgetsure customer dashboard or by contacting Gadgetsure Customer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. The policy premium may increase or decrease according to the value of your new gadget(s). If you have claimed during the period of cover and received a replacement gadget(s), the policy premium may remain the same or increase according to the value of your replacement gadget(s).
How do I make a claim?
To make a claim, call the claims team on 0344 856 3812, or alternatively you can submit your claim online through the Gadgetsure customer dashboard. You can also contact the claims team by email at email@example.com.
When we approve the claim, you will need to pay the policy excess to let us proceed with the claim.
If your claim is for accidental damage, we will ask you to send the gadget to our nominated repair centre where we can inspect and repair it if repairable. We aim to repair or replace your gadget within 5 to 7 working days.
If your claim is for the theft or loss of your gadget you must report the theft or loss to the police within 48 hours and your network service provider no later than 24 hours after you notice that your gadget is missing. Then, you need to contact us as soon as possible and within 48 hours of a loss occurring. If you take longer than 48 hours to contact us, you risk your claim being delayed or rejected.
Please refer to the claims section for further information.
How quickly will you repair or replace my gadget?
- We aim to process claims within 48 hours, once we receive all the required documentation from you to support your claim, we seek to repair or replace your gadget within 5 to 7 working days.
What is the excess?
The standard excess is £75 and is payable per successful claim.
Important Information About Your Excess
If you claim within 14 days of first purchasing this insurance policy, an increased excess of £150 will be applied unless you have provided us with the following gadget(s) evidence in advance of any claim being made:
- Photographic evidence that your gadget(s) were in good condition (not already damaged) at the time of purchasing this policy uploaded through the Gadgetsure customer dashboard; and
- You will need to provide confirmation of your IMEI number or serial number either at point of purchase or within 14 days through the Gadgetsure customer dashboard, failure to provide confirmation of your IMEI number or serial number within 14 days will result in automatic cancellation of your policy; and
- Proof of purchase and /or evidence of ownership.
Who is the insurer?
- This Gadgetsure policy is underwritten by White Horse Insurance Ireland dac, who is registered in Ireland No 306045 and whose registered office is Rineanna House, Shannon Free Zone, Shannon, County Clare, Republic of Ireland. White Horse Insurance Ireland dac is authorised and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland, deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. The nature and extent of consumer protections may differ from those firms based in the United Kingdom. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the United Kingdom for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website. White Horse Insurance Ireland dac's FRN is 203320.
How do I verify my devices?
After you have completed the purchase of your policy you will be able to login to the Customer Dashboard to quickly and easily complete the setup and validation of your gadget(s). You must provide the following:
- You will need to provide confirmation of your IMEI number or serial number either at point of purchase or within 14 days through the Gadgetsure Dashboard. Failure to provide confirmation of your IMEI number or serial number within 14 days will result in automatic cancellation of your policy.
For mobile phones
- Log into the Gadgetsure Customer Dashboard.
- Click on Verify Condition.
- Using the device you wish to verify, tap Verify Condition and then tap Capture Image.
- Make sure the front facing camera of your mobile device is selected and then hold your device up to a mirror, so that the front of the device is facing the mirror, then take a picture of the front of the device. Tip: We recommend you use the camera settings on your device to set a 2-3 second delay capture timer. This will ensure you do not obscure the front of the device when taking the picture.
- Check that the image quality is good (e.g. not blurry) and clearly shows the front of your device, then tap Upload.
For iPads and Tablets
You can follow the exact same steps as above or alternatively, you can also take an image of the device by using another device such as your mobile phone and uploading that image to verify the condition of the device.
Please note, if you need to make a claim within the first 14 days and you have not verified the condition of your gadget(s) then the excess will be increased to £150 per claim.